The Dolphin House serves the 7th Judicial District in western Colorado. Counties include: Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray, and San Miguel.
The Dolphin House is a child-friendly facility whose purpose is to provide child victims a safe, non-threatening place to tell what happened to them during necessary investigations of child abuse. Dolphin House staff offer crisis intervention and ongoing supportive services that help child victims and non-offending family members begin their healing process.
Children and families in the 7th Judicial District benefit greatly by having access to a Child Advocacy Center. They receive:
- More immediate follow-up to child abuse reports.
- More efficient medical and mental health services or referrals.
- A reduction in the number of child victim interviews.
- Increased successful prosecution.
- Consistent ongoing support for child victims and the supportive adults in their lives.
How We Help
- Child Protective Services, Law Enforcement, the District Attorney's Office, Mental Health Professionals, Advocates, Medical Professionals and the Dolphin House Victim Service Coordinator work as a team to deliver quality, comprehensive services to abused children.
- Child abuse victims experience a process of investigation, intervention, prosecution and stabilization that is more efficient and effective.
- Non-offending family members or caregivers of the abused children are also provided ongoing services needed to attain stabilization and healing for each child and family.
To learn more about the Child Advocacy Center and the Multidisciplinary Team process, we invite you to come and take a tour of our facilities. We are located at 735 South 1st Street in Montrose. Please call 970-240-8655 prior to coming as the confidentiality of our clients is a priority and we are unable to provide tours of the House when families are present.