Wine Pairing Dinner
to Benefit the Dolphin House at
April 23rd, More Info...
Welcome to the Dolphin House
The Dolphin House serves the 7th Judicial District in western Colorado. Counties include: Delta, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Montrose, Ouray, and San Miguel.
The Dolphin House is a child-friendly facility whose purpose is to provide child victims a safe, non-threatening place to tell what happened to them during necessary investigations of child abuse. Dolphin House staff offer crisis intervention and ongoing supportive services that help child victims and non-offending family members begin their healing process.
Children and families in the 7th Judicial District benefit greatly by having access to a Child Advocacy Center. They receive:
- More immediate follow-up to child abuse reports.
- More efficient medical and mental health services or referrals.
- A reduction in the number of child victim interviews.
- Increased successful prosecution.
- Consistent ongoing support for child victims and the supportive adults in their lives.
How We Help
- Child Protective Services, Law Enforcement, the District Attorney's Office, Mental Health Professionals, Advocates, Medical Professionals and the Dolphin House Victim Service Coordinator work as a team to deliver quality, comprehensive services to abused children.
- Child abuse victims experience a process of investigation, intervention, prosecution and stabilization that is more efficient and effective.
- Non-offending family members or caregivers of the abused children are also provided ongoing services needed to attain stabilization and healing for each child and family.
To learn more about the Child Advocacy Center and the Multidisciplinary Team process, we invite you to come and take a tour of our facilities. We are located at 735 South 1st Street in Montrose. Please call 970-240-8655 prior to coming as the confidentiality of our clients is a priority and we are unable to provide tours of the House when families are present.
What Our Clients Say:
I had no idea what the Dolphin House was when law enforcement asked me to bring my daughter there. What we found was a safe, peaceful “home” and a warm welcome. We were treated with respect and could feel that you really cared about what had happened to us. Thank you for being there for us and for other families who are victims of child abuse. Mother of girl that was interviewed.
THE DOLPHIN HOUSE….
SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY’S ABUSED CHILDREN
Providing the services needed for child victims of sexual assault or other forms of abuse to become stabilized and able to function normally again costs approximately $300 per child.
During 2013, we anticipate serving at least 200 children.
To provide services to each of these children, the Dolphin House Child Advocacy Center desperately needs financial help from people, businesses and churches—friends who are willing to support victims of child abuse.
A Friend of the Dolphin House can provide help for one child by contributing $25 per month.
PLEASE BECOME A FRIEND OF
THE DOLPHIN HOUSE
AND BRING HELP AND HOPE TO
ABUSED CHILDREN TODAY!
Please consider a Recurring Donation